Harvesting Bramley cooking apples October 2019

Some pictures and a video of me obtaining a some Bramley cooking apples using a special invention: a rusty blade attached to a fishing net attached to a plastic broom handle:



Somewhat taller than me:



In previous years I would harvest apples with the willing cooperation of my significantly lighter and more agile son, climbing into the upper reaches and tossing ripe specimens for me to catch.

In his absence (preferring the company of video games these days, alas), I have given this contrivance a try.  It's actually very simple to use, and the apple normally falls in with one quick stab, though in this footage I am trying to hold the pole with one hand and film with the other, and so a couple of attempts were needed:









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broad beans 2022 onwards

Parsnips 2022