Witkiem broad bean planting October 2018

Sowing Witkiem broad beans in October 2018

My first ever autumn sowing of broad beans (traditionally I have always sowed broad beans in the Spring).

One row of Witkiem seeds laid out as follows.  Those planks I have recently been using to protect the soil from undue compacting as I walk up and down while digging, weeding, planting etc.



Sowing Witkiem broad beans


Watch this space...

Update 27 January 2019

The Wikiems 3 months later:

Witkiem broad beans Jan 2019


Update 26 May 2019

The Wikiems now that we are approaching summer:


The mice are still getting their share alas, but I have have managed to collect my first proper crop, which I will boil gently in salted water ready for a pasta dish I have in mind...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parsnips 2022

Broad beans 2022 onwards

Harvesting Bramley cooking apples October 2019